It’s the best time to talk about Thanksgiving and plan your marketing campaigns, then think again.
Based on our recent trend research on Pinterest, Google, and TikTok, people were preparing their packages and products using Thanksgiving themes and keywords, in August!
That is why you need to start preparing your Thanksgiving promotional gifts, services, and products – TODAY:
- Be the first to join the conversation. Use Thanksgiving-themed hashtags across relevant social media posts.
- Stay one step ahead of the competition. Give yourself and your brand the right amount of time to market your Thanksgiving-themed services and products.
- Inspire someone new to get crafty! DIY Thanksgiving keywords are already blowing up!
Check out this FREE Holiday Gift Guide to use for your brand!
What is Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is an annual national holiday, and the countries that celebrate it are the United States and Canada. It is the day that brings together the entire family and aims to give thanks for what makes them feel blessed.
In the United States, Thanksgiving was started in 1621 by the English colonists. It was officialized in 1863 during the Civil War. While in Canada, it started in 1578 and was officially established in 1879.
Thanksgiving is also known as the start of the Christmas shopping season to give a boost to the economy.
The holiday is famous for its typical dishes such as turkey, pumpkin pie, cranberries, etc.
Thanksgiving is a busy time for small businesses, too! Thanksgiving recipes, Thanksgiving nails, Thanksgiving decorations, Thanksgiving desserts, etc. – it is all about sharing and making things easier!
When is Thanksgiving 2022?
The United States celebrates Thanksgiving every year on the fourth Thursday in November. Canada celebrates it on the second Monday in October.
According to theculturetrip.com, the United States and Canadian Thanksgiving are on different dates because Canada is geographically situated further north, and the harvest season comes earlier, so they observe it according to the natural seasonal shift.
So, the United States will celebrate Thanksgiving on November 24th, 2022.
Canada will celebrate Thanksgiving on October 10th, 2022.
Marketing Ideas to Celebrate Thanksgiving in 2022
- Update all your social media profile pictures and cover images.
- Prepare sales and FREE services/products. Check out this FREE Gift Template we have prepared.
- Take care of your SEO – add ‘Thanksgiving 2022’ when you describe a product/service. Click here to learn how to find trending topics.
- Use Thanksgiving-related hashtags. Examples: #thanksgivinggifts #thanksgiving #thanksgiving #happythanksgiving #thanksgivingday #thanksgiving2022 #thankful #givethanks #celebration (source: Twitter)
- Collaborate with your customers to showcase their Thanksgiving efforts to their own businesses or with UGC Content Creators to boost sales. Learn more: 9 Upselling Techniques To Increase Sales.
- Donate to your preferred charities.
TIP: You can use flipbooks to design your new email campaign! Click to learn.
7 Thanksgiving Slogans Ideas to Use in Your Campaigns
- The pie doesn’t lie.
- Turkey Day on its way!
- Don’t count calories. Count the blessings.
- Thanks for giving!
- We care. We share.
- Our turkey got nice legs.
- Avoid the crust – lose trust.
Thanksgiving Facts and Stats in 2022
50% of all whole bird turkeys sold in the U.S. are consumed in a single day due to Thanksgiving. – Source – financebuzz.com
80 million pounds of cranberries are purchased at Thanksgiving. – Source – financebuzz.com
Only 17% of Americans think the day is about remembering the pilgrims, while 67% think it’s about “giving thanks”. – Source: statista.com
85% of Consumers Will Include Online Shopping in Their Holiday Plans. – Source: drip.com
58% of Consumers Say Social Media Will Influence Their Holiday Buying Decisions. – Source: drip.com