Have you ever thought about starting blogging in 2024 and becoming someone who writes about their favorite dishes, lifestyle tips, social media growth, etc? But in the meantime – you know there are thousands of other people writing about the same things and maybe it’s not worth it.
I started blogging 11 years ago when I found out that I loved meditation, yoga, and taking care of myself. I used to have 500 unique visitors every day and never felt better in my life!
Everything stopped when I discovered ads and I was so invested in earning rather than having a loyal audience who would follow my blog daily.
That was it – I was a teenager and I stopped blogging for good once ads were removed from my site due to a few errors.
Years later I found out that people were becoming bloggers and would enjoy their time, start new collaborations, earn a great reputation, and it hit me! I had left something in the middle and I’d never forgiven myself.
Other than earning money from blogging, you should consider the fact that you love writing and maybe, you can make a name for yourself out there.
When you put things into writing, you know you’ve documented everything: your thoughts, facts, credits, etc. And there’s no bad vibe that comes after that.
Reasons Why Someone Starts Blogging:
- Get writing experience. Content writing is a powerful job and by blogging you are one step closer to becoming a content writer. According to Semrush, 34% of bloggers say they experience strong results after including videos in blog posts.
- Boost confidence. Writing about struggles, or sharing some tips that you once needed, will make you feel better about yourself and helping others.
- Earn money. Just like I mentioned before, you can put ads on your blog (if you’re eligible) and also, sell your items. The average monthly salary of a blogger is $8,000, says Semrush.
- Just passion. If you have a favorite hobby, then turn your blog into a way for you to share thoughts and tips related to that niche. Did you know that about 65% of bloggers make money from freelance writing?
- Build an audience. Allow people to get to know you and follow you across other socials like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Showcase your work. Display all your paintings or other DIY items that you prefer people to see and allow them to purchase from your blog.
- Inspire others. People need to know that they’re not alone in all this. If you share some solutions to issues that are quite known, people will feel more comfortable.
How to Start Blogging in 2024?
If you’re eager to start your own blog in 2024, you’re in for an exciting journey. Blogging has evolved significantly over the years, and with the right approach, you can establish a successful online presence. Here are a few key steps to get you started:
- Choose a Niche: Select a specific topic or niche that aligns with your interests, expertise, and target audience. It’s essential to narrow down your focus to provide valuable and relevant content to your readers.
- Set Up Your Blog: Select a suitable blogging platform such as WordPress, Blogger, or Wix. Consider factors like ease of use, customization options, and SEO capabilities. Register a domain name that reflects your blog’s niche and brand identity.
- Design and Customize: Create an appealing and user-friendly blog design. Choose a theme or template that complements your content and enhances the user experience. Customize the layout, fonts, and colors, and add relevant widgets or plugins.
- Plan Your Content Strategy: Develop a content plan to consistently deliver high-quality articles. Conduct keyword research to identify topics that are in demand and align with your niche. Incorporate SEO principles to optimize your content for search engines.
- Create Compelling Content: Write engaging and informative blog posts that provide value to your readers. Use a conversational tone, break up the text with headings and subheadings, and incorporate multimedia elements such as images, videos, or infographics.
- Promote Your Blog: Utilize various marketing channels to promote your blog and reach a wider audience. Leverage social media platforms, email marketing, guest blogging, and collaborations with influencers in your niche. Engage with your readers through comments and social media interactions.
Why Blogging is Important for Business?
Blogging has become a crucial aspect of a business’s online presence and marketing strategy. Here are some reasons why blogging is important for businesses in 2024:
- Establishing Expertise: By consistently sharing valuable and insightful content related to your industry, you position yourself as an expert in your field. This builds trust and credibility among your audience, leading to increased brand recognition.
- Driving Organic Traffic: Blogs provide an opportunity to optimize your website for search engines. By incorporating relevant keywords, optimizing meta tags, and creating valuable content, you can improve your website’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) and drive organic traffic. Here are some other ways to bring organic traffic.
- Engaging with the Audience: Blogs allow for two-way communication with your audience. By encouraging comments and discussions, you can foster engagement and build a loyal community around your brand. Responding to comments and feedback helps in nurturing customer relationships.
- Generating Leads and Conversions: Well-crafted blog posts can serve as lead-generation tools. By including call-to-action (CTA) buttons or forms within your posts, you can capture visitor information and convert them into potential customers.
Is Blogging still Profitable in 2024?
Yes, blogging can still be profitable in 2024, but it requires strategic planning, dedication, and the implementation of effective monetization strategies. Here are a few avenues to explore for monetizing your blog:
- Display Advertising: Incorporate display ads on your blog using ad networks like Google AdSense or affiliate marketing programs. As your blog gains traffic and visibility, you can earn revenue based on ad clicks or impressions.
- Sponsored Content: Collaborate with brands or businesses that align with your niche and create sponsored content. This can involve writing reviews, promoting products, or featuring sponsored posts. Ensure transparency and maintain the authenticity of your content.
- Affiliate Marketing: Join affiliate programs and promote products or services through your blog. Earn a commission for each sale or referral generated through your affiliate links. Choose products that are relevant to your audience and provide genuine recommendations.
- Digital Products: Create and sell digital products like e-books, online courses, or templates related to your niche. Leverage your expertise to provide valuable resources that your audience is willing to pay for. Check out our shop!
Can a Blogger be a Millionaire?
While it’s possible for bloggers to achieve significant financial success, becoming a millionaire solely through blogging requires a combination of factors, including a large audience, strategic monetization, and diversification of income streams. However, it’s important to note that financial success varies for each blogger based on their niche, content quality, marketing efforts, and other factors.
What’s the Future of Blogging in 2024?
The future of blogging looks promising as digital content consumption continues to rise. Here are some trends and predictions for the future of blogging in 2024-2025:
- Video Content: Incorporating video content, such as vlogs or video tutorials, will continue to grow in popularity as it provides a more engaging and interactive experience for readers. Check out my TikTok!
- Voice Search Optimization: With the increasing prevalence of voice assistants and smart speakers, optimizing blog content for voice search queries will become crucial. Bloggers will need to focus on conversational and long-tail keywords.
- Mobile-Friendly Optimization: As mobile usage continues to dominate, bloggers must ensure their websites are mobile-friendly and offer seamless user experiences across various devices.
- Niche Microblogging: Microblogging platforms like Substack and Medium will gain more popularity, allowing bloggers to cater to specific niches and monetize their content effectively. Did you know? Medium has over 60 million monthly readers.
Blogging Stats You Might Need to Know in 2024:
- There are more than 600 million blogs out of 1.9 billion websites worldwide. (src. ahrefs.com)
- 97% of bloggers use social media to boost their results. However, 59% of links shared on social media are shared without ever being read.
- Around 7 million blog posts are published per day. (src. firstsiteguide.com)
- 77% of internet users read blogs. (src. bloggingwizard.com)
- 70% of consumers prefer blog posts to ads. (src. bloggingwizard.com)
- 80% of bloggers report that blogging drives results. (src. ahrefs.com)
What’s Blogging Without Marketing?
If you’re not sharing and boosting your content, how are you going to let everyone know that your content exists?
According to internetlivestats.com, there are 97,715 Google searches in 1 second. That means that if you’re willing to promote your blog articles, you need to work hard to beat the competition.
This means that you need to start being active on social media, increase your email subscribers, create ads, etc. And among other things, you need to turn your focus into a great SEO performance.
SEO is key to reaching the right audience because you need to take care of all keywords. According to Semrush, high-income bloggers are 4.3 times more likely to use keyword research when deciding what to write about than low-income bloggers.
Here’s a link to know how many blog articles are being written the day you reached this one. The day I saw it, there were over 4.3 million!
Blogging is an interesting way of earning money and that’s not something you should avoid. By writing important information and giving credit to respective sources, you’re helping others get relevant information about their case studies, and learn more about your niche, trends, etc.
But, you need to stay ahead and try to reach new people smartly. That’s where marketing comes in!
How to Bring More Traffic to Your Blog Articles:
In 2024, with an increasingly saturated digital landscape, driving traffic to your blog articles requires a strategic and multi-faceted approach.
Here are some effective strategies to bring more traffic to your blog:
- Optimize for Search Engines: Implement search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to improve your blog’s visibility in search engine results. Conduct keyword research to identify relevant and high-volume keywords and incorporate them naturally into your blog articles. Optimize meta tags, headings, and URLs for better search engine indexing. Here are 18 quick SEO tips.
- Create High-Quality, Engaging Content: Focus on producing well-researched, informative, and engaging content that provides value to your target audience. Craft compelling headlines that grab attention and make readers curious. Use a mix of text, images, videos, and infographics to make your content visually appealing and shareable.
- Promote on Social Media: Leverage social media platforms to share your blog articles with a wider audience. Create enticing captions, use relevant hashtags, and encourage sharing and engagement. Use Publer to schedule all your content in advance and easily recycle your links. Book your call and get a personalized Demo of Publer.
4. Utilize UGC Marketing: Partner with UGC Creators or thought leaders in your industry who have a substantial following. They can help promote your blog articles to their audience, increasing visibility and credibility. Collaborate on content, interviews, or reviews to leverage their reach. Here’s how to start UGC.
5. Engage in Online Communities: Participate in relevant online communities, forums, and discussion boards where your target audience hangs out. Offer valuable insights, answer questions, and share your blog articles when appropriate. Build relationships with community members to establish trust and gain visibility.